September 7, 2009

I'm officially old

So what I thought was just going to be another day out on the lake turned out to be day that I got engaged (gasp!)...

Last Tuesday, Chris took me out on the pontoon boat for a sunset cruise. He brought champagne and a bag of Cheetos. We anchored somewhere in the middle of the lake and he came over to where I was sitting. He got down on one knee and started asking me questions like, "Do you love me?... Are you going to love me forever?..." I said, "of course, of course..." And the whole time I was thinking, "when is he gonna pour that champagne?!" Then he pulled out a small box and asked me if I would be his wife. I was completely caught off guard ... I was wearing my old gray Berkeley sweatshirt, my hair wasn't brushed, and my fingers were still orange from the Cheetos dust. I thought he was kidding and the first thing I said was, "You're lying. Are you really doing this now?" After about 5 minutes of calling him a liar and asking if this was for real, I made him do it all over again so that the second time around I could be serious.

After proposal #2, he poured the champagne and we watched the sun set. It was very romantic.





0 comments:

Post a Comment