October 26, 2009

Granny Square Take Two




I have mastered the granny square.  It took hours upon hours of sweat (lots), blood (ok, no blood) and tears (of frustration) but I've done it.  I've been cranking out granny squares like a pro - a pro granny square maker that is.  My next step is joining them.  Which I thought would be easy but after looking at the YouTube tutorial I started to get a headache.  I think I'm just gonna keep making the squares ... since I'll need like 200 of them or something to make one blanket.  Insane.  Who does this kind of stuff?? Me, apparently. 




On another note, Chris is all packed and ready to leave for Portland.  Oh, it looks like a girl's suitcase you say?  Why maybe that's because I packed for him and because he's using all my stuff and because I like the color red.

I was thinking earlier today what it'd be like if he got this job offer.  We'd be moving to Portland in a month and I'd probably turn down any job offers I'd have in LA (not that I have any, but I was just being hopeful) and I'd have to start looking for jobs in Portland and then because I'd have to start from scratch I probably wouldn't have to start work until next year which means I could enjoy the holidays and explore the new city and relax and decorate our new apartment and maybe even finish my granny square blanket ... This all sounds kinda nice and totally doable.

But then I thought, you know what, that would be too easy and stuff usually doesn't come that easily.
BUT then again ... maybe moving to Portland ISN'T gonna be so easy.  Maybe the move and me having to look for a job and being away from friends and family is gonna be hard and so maybe the cosmos has it out for Chris to get this job.  Anyhow, I've been going back and forth all day.  Sigh.  I'm just gonna enjoy the moment today and the next few days, because we're both hopeful and excited.  And because nothing's decided yet and so anything can happen.  We'll deal with the offer (or no offer) when it comes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment