November 5, 2009

Gordon Gaudet




I want a dog really really badly.  Like so badly that I talk (or whine - same difference) about it everyday.  And I pretend like my sister's dog, Poncho, is my dog.  See his picture in the sidebar underneath Chris?  And I say things like, "Oh, if I had a dog I'd dress him up like a skeleton for Halloween" and "Oh, if I had a dog, I'd make him homemade peanut butter treats."  You see, I've already named my nonexistent dog.  His name is Gordon.  Gordon Gaudet.


I had a dream about Gordon last night.  I dreamt that I went to a pet store and bought a dog.  But it wasn't the dog that I wanted. The dog I bought had long shaggy hair and he was ugly and had a broken leg so I brought him back to the pet store to get an exchange.  The store owner said that the only dog that I could exchange him for was this one. And he pulled out a baby black French Bulldog.  Low and behold - this was the EXACT dog that I was looking for! It was Gordon! I took him home with me and I remember taking the hood off of my green jacket (you can zipper on and off the hood) and I covered Gordon so that he had something to keep him warm on the car ride home.

I told Chris about my dream and how I think it's a sign but all he did was laugh and change the subject like he always does.  So then I asked him the same thing I ask him everyday, "Chris ... When can we get Gordon?"  And he responded like all the other times, "When we get jobs."

You see, Chris is responsible and sensible and everything he does is premeditated.  He's an engineer.  He doesn't do things because he wants to.  He does things because that's the way things should be done.  I guess that's why our relationship works.  He balances me out.  When I'm acting cuckoo and irrational (and sometimes but only sometimes, emotional), he's always solid.  Solid as a rock.  Anyways, I'm going off topic.  The point is.  I want a dog.  I'm tired of waiting.  Maybe Chris will get me a dog as a surprise coming home present.  I'll just put it out there just in case he's reading this.

By the way, the picture above is a picture of Lisa.  We met her (and her owner) at a night market in Taipei.  She is a black French Bulldog.  And she has a flat face.  I want a flat faced dog.  I think there needs to be more flat faced representation in this world.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I realize you're all about the flat face dogs, but they don't make very good running training partners. I know how much you like running...

Christopher Gaudet said...

Cute dog. Looks like poncho when he sees a possible treat coming his way ...

Christopher Gaudet said...

btw, yes we will get a french bulldog when we get jobs :) i'll even let you chose anyone you want.

mini said...

flat face dogs have breathing problems when they fly. so no jet setting lifestyle for little gordon :)

Post a Comment