October 23, 2009

A Test Of My Patience




Last night, I called out to Chris in a panic, "OMG What day is it today?!?!"  He yelled back, "Don't worry - it's only Thursday."

Whew.  That was a close one.

Every other Friday, the Jelly Belly Deli (not sure if that's the real name, but it's what I call it) makes these AWESOME Thanksgiving sandwiches.  They're made with grilled buttered homemade sourdough toast, hot sliced turkey, the best stuffing in the world, and yummy yummy cranberry sauce.  I've had these kind of sandwiches before, but the Jelly Belly Deli makes the BEST BEST ones.  BUT again, they only make them every other week so it gets kinda confusing because sometimes you forget it's Sandwich Friday and you have to wait 2 more whole weeks before another sandwich comes along.  Which means, if you do forget, you only get to eat The Sandwich once that entire month.  It's a sad day indeed when you realized that you've forgotten Sandwich Friday.  Anyhow, we didn't forget.  And the sandwich was DELICIOUS.

After stuffing my face, I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the Fall Foliage.  Some pretty leaves I found along the way.









  
By the way it was freezing cold outside.  I could barely breath.  And I got chased by a really mean dog that lives next door.  He's a golden retriever, but I swear I think he wanted to bite me.  

Anyways after all that craziness I decided to try out the new crochet needle and yarn I bought the night before at Wal-Mart.  I know how to knit (though not very well) and have been wanting to learn how to crochet for awhile now.  So what's a better time than now.  I found this cool video on YouTube that teaches you how to make a "granny square."  I watched this video (lesson 1), and the videos for lessons 2 and 3 repeatedly.  After 2 friggin hours, sweaty and frustrated, I finally finished my "granny square."  Except it wasn't a square.  It's kinda circular.  And I couldn't figure out the last part on how to close the square so that's why it looks retarded.  Keep in mind it's TINY.  Like 1 inch by 1 inch tiny.  And that took 2 HOURS to make.  Good times.


1 comments:

Mayra said...

That looks soooooooooooooooooooooo good. You can also be a photographer!

Post a Comment