October 20, 2009

Buddha Belly

Last night, Christopher took me out to dinner as a reward for doing well on my interview. Go me :)  I spent all week preparing for it ... stressing out about it ... whining over it ... And worrying about the possibility of actually having to go back to work.  Sigh.  Don't even get me started on that.    

Anyhow, since I've been cooped up in this house for months on end (Ok maybe just a week and a half - which is still a REALLY long time),  I was super super excited.  So excited, I even put on mascara.  And, Chris even sported his new t-shirt ($10 on Ae.com).  Courtesy of my Verizon Wireless rebate check.





It's nice that he still has a sense of humor about being unemployed for half a year now.  Gasp.  Has it really been that long?

Anyways, we decided on The Restaurant [actual name].  You gotta love the creativity in this town.  We ordered hummus as an appetizer in hopes of counteracting the fat and cholesterol we were going to be ingesting from the two HUGE cheeseburgers and fries we ordered as our entrees.  Oh my, their burgers are to DIE for.  I usually never order burgers, but I just can't resist the ones here.



Homemade fries, homemade pickles and meat from The Meat Market down the street.  Yumm-O.  I was stuffed beyond belief but as soon as I heard that they had smores for dessert, I just couldn't turn that down.






After stuffing myself (and Chris rubbing my belly while chanting, "buddha, buddha"), we went home to watch Slumdog Millionaire and Heroes.  It was a good night.

1 comments:

Anhe said...

"buddha, buddha" lol. u two are so freakin' cute i wanna barf :p

jk. Congrats on your awesome interview! Btwn the 3 of us, that's 1 down 2 to go...

Post a Comment