October 15, 2009

To Eat Or Not To Eat ...

Update: Still no job prospects and still in NH ... And it's starting to get really cold - 50's during the day, 30's at night.

Since I find myself bored for most of the day, I decided to start counting my calories on this website Ivy recommended: The Daily Plate (the server is kinda slow, but it's a neat site).  She started the Nutrisystem diet about a week and a half ago (already lost 4 lbs) and she was saying that losing weight is all about calories - calories in, calories out. Sounds simple. So I've been logging in everything I've been eating and all of my exercise (what little there is) and it's kinda eye-opening: 1 Ritz cracker is 16 calories. A banana is 105 calories. And a turkey sandwich (w. mayo) is close to 400 calories. Which means, you really can't eat that much in a day if you want to stay within your calorie range. Ever since I started monitoring my intake, I find myself thinking more and more about food. Just the thought of not being able to eat something, makes me want to eat it even more. Yesterday, I ran on the treadmill and knocked off exactly 110 calories just so I could eat a soy-licious ice cream sandwich (very tasty by the way). Anyways, I think keeping track of calories is actually making me eat more. It doesn't make sense, I know. I'm gonna stop counting soon because I can feel myself getting fatter.

Today I'm going to catch up on all my DVR-ed Gilmore Girls. I have about a month of episodes in queue.


1 comments:

Ivy said...

just a reminder from your horizontally challenged sister that just ONE reese's peanut butter cup is 170 calories. some food for thought for you.

Post a Comment