November 1, 2009

Oh The Horror





Dressed as an angel (and Chris as Woody the Cowboy from Toy Story), we met the Gaudet clan and Jenny (yay!) at Antico Forno in the North End for a quick dinner before our scheduled trolly tour at 7 PM.  Dinner was a bit rushed because a few certain someone's showed up late (Tsk tsk ...  JK - but only sort of) causing me to scarf down the last few bites of my food in record time.  Partially my fault as well as I haven't yet mastered food intake speeds to keep up with the Gaudets.  Chris says it's a part of growing up in a large family ... where you apparently have to fight tooth and nail for your food or else go to bed starving.  And he says I exaggerate.

After dinner we headed towards the Ghost and Gravestones Trolly tour pickup site.  Tis where miss cranky pants began to emerge. For some unbeknownst reason I started to get more and more irritated throughout the night - All starting with the trolly driver when he literally grabbed my camera out of my hand and said, "I'll take a picture for you!!"  Nice but no thank you.  If I wanted him to rip my new camera from my hands and smudge the lens with his oily fingers, I would have asked.  He took our picture anyway.

Then our tour guide had a really annoying voice and she wasn't very funny or scary or entertaining.  Maybe I'm being harsh, but I just wasn't in the mood that night to be scared, cackled, and screamed at.  And yes, she was screaming at the top of her lungs during half of the tour (Ok, maybe not half, but she was screaming A LOT) which made my wine headache even worse AND she nearly blew out Sara's right ear drum in the first 5 minutes.

And to top it off -  at one of the graveyards, the tour guide yelled out, "Who's that with Woody the Cowboy?  Is that a cow?"  A COW??!!  Thank you.  Just what my cute angel wing hair clips wanted to hear.

By the end of the tour, I had lost what little patience I had left, I also really had to pee, and I just wanted to go to bed.  


The strange (and somewhat peculiar) thing is, after getting to JR and Sara's place, in my PJ's and cuddled up on the air mattress, my moodiness was suddenly no more.  We heated up the pumpkin chocolate bread I had made, and  I was happy and smiling and couldn't wait to watch the movie of the night: 13 Ghosts.  Eerie huh?  My mood swings are just that scary.  It was Halloween night indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment