November 23, 2009

A Time For Thanks

Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I thought I'd take a moment and compile a list of things I am most thankful for:

My health.
Physical and mental (for the most part at least).

My family.
I am thankful for caring and understanding parents who will always provide me with a warm home, good food, weekend trips to Las Vegas, and endless endless support.  I am also thankful for my wonderful sister who listens to me and understands me even when no one else on this planet seems to.  I am thankful for Poncho - his erratic psychotic behavior and inclination for mischievousness.  And also thankful that he has successfully graduated from doggy boot camp and knows now that biting the FedEx man, neighbors and little children are unacceptable.

Friends.
I am thankful for my extraordinary group of smart, beautiful, passionate, and generous friends who I love and miss very much.

My Christopher.
I am thankful that I have found a partner in life that is as kindhearted, understanding and loving as my Christopher and who wants to marry me despite ALL of my faults, mood swings and bully-ish tendencies.  I love you :)

   TV and Books.  
I am thankful for all of the amazing television programming and fabulous books that have kept me pre-occupied and sane during these last few months of unemployment.

What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving.  


3 comments:

Cindy said...

this blog which brightens my day , my wonderful son jacob who I love in spite of the fact that he used to head bop me as a child.
Jim, who lets me live in his tiny townhouse with him. My family, neurotic as they are, my friends, who keep me from jumping off the ledge, food and TV (of course).

Christopher Gaudet said...

TIng... :-P

Mayra said...

My unconditionally loving and supportive hubby, always! And of course health, family, friends, a comfortable apartment, lazy Sundays and french pastries:)

Post a Comment