December 30, 2009

Best of 2009 (in pictures)

Well folks, since the year is winding down, I thought I'd do a wrap-up of 2009 just for memory's sake ...

Almost a year ago, last January we decided to skip out on the Boston cold and make our way to sunny warm South America. We travelled through Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay and ingested massive amounts of beef, cheese, wine, and lots and lots of dolce de leche flavored ice cream.

 





























The trip ended with Chris spending 3 weeks in Brazil consulting for a software company and I traveled back to the States to make it just in time for Alli (and Matt's) beautiful wedding in Orange County where I was a bridesmaid for the very first time :)


In March we celebrated Chris' 30th birthday with lots of "Over The Hill" accessories, cupcakes and friends from Sloan.  He's still poopy about being 30 but I think he's finally getting used to it.  Good thing because he's turning 31 soon.






























Later that month, we traveled to Turkey with our classmates and ate lots of beef and lamb shish kebabs and shawarmas. We froze our butts off on an amazing hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia (where Chris very quickly got over his fear of heights) and drank lots of really strong turkish coffee and apple tea.  I also discovered my new found love for rice pudding.  Who would've thought.



 


In April Chris met Warren Buffet ...


And (unsuccessfully) tried to finagle a job out of him :P
In May, we celebrated Helen and Jerry's amazing wedding overlooking the ocean in Santa Barbara.  (That's me on the end there.)



























Later that month, we flew to Mayra's 30th birthday bash in Las Vegas and had a fabulous time as always.  (Grace was there too, but she had left early)



And even later in that month (a very busy May), we had our final Sloan trip to the British Virgin Islands.  It was probably my favorite trip of all time.  We had beautiful views, delicious food and great company.





In June it was time to say goodbye to our Sloan friends and wish everyone the best in adventures and successes ahead ...


Alas, with my expensive diploma in hand, I was ready to take on the world ... or so I thought ... instead we moved in with Chris' parents in New Hampshire.
When July came rolling around, Mayra and Geoffrey came to visit us on the East Coast!!!  We travelled to see Suzzy in NYC and then came back to show May/Geo the Boston sites.





After Mayra and Geoffrey left to go back to San Francisco, Chris took me to my first ever Red Sox game.  Chris' dad gets awesome tickets each year from his lawyer and he was nice enough to let us have them :)


The 17th of July was a somber somber day.  I turned 29.  No need to talk anymore about that.

Later that month, Chris took me on a surprise trip to my favorite place on the East Coast --- Acadia National Park in Maine.  We hiked and relaxed and spent the weekend enjoying the beautiful sites.


And on September 1st in the middle of Lake Winnipesaukee, Chris asked me to be his wife.  I said yes and we watched the sun set.


Later in September, I travelled to the homeland with my family.  We spent 2 weeks touring Taiwan and Hong Kong eating and eating and eating.  We all gained about 10 pounds -- each that is, not in total.  I also got to visit with Lynette who I haven't seen in years.  She's studying Chinese in Taipei.  How awesome is that.





By the time the weather got cooler, Chris and I hunkered down and spent most of our days researching and looking for jobs.  The holidays came up fast and we spent Thanksgiving with Chris' family and Christmas with mine.  I think next year we're gonna do a switcharoo.

All in all, I had a fabulous 2009.  I wish everyone a Happy Happy New Year filled with lots of great food, good health and good fortune!  


See ya'll next year :)  


1 comments:

Ivy said...

thanks for posting a skinnier picture of me.. and then a not so skinny picture of me. actually can you post a recent picture of me so people can see i'm not the biggest girl in taiwan. well i probably am, but still. thanks.

Post a Comment