December 3, 2009

Just tell me what color my parachute is.






There has to be something wrong with being almost 30 (god that sounds horrible) and still not knowing what I want to be when I grow up.


Sometimes I wish I lived in a place more like Brave New World.  But way less harsh and without the whole genetic-casting thing because, gosh that would be horrible ... but it would be nice to have an occupation assigned to you based on your strengths and weaknesses and personality traits.  Is that too totalitarian?  Well, even if, they should have a system like that set up for lost souls like me.  And don't tell me that they already do because I've taken those stupid career tests and according to my last assessment, I should be either a secretary or a park ranger ... because you know secretaries and park rangers' skill sets are just so similar.  Fascinating insight, that career test.  If only life were that simple.

Anyhow like I told Lynette the other day, it'll all work out in the end.  It's just the process of getting there that's annoying.  I mean, things always work out for the best right?  This is what we tell ourselves.  


2 comments:

grace said...

where's your honking 3 carat diamond ring in that picture? sorry for calling it a 2 carat ring, chris...

Lynette said...

I've always wanted your skin. You know I could have a post that starts, "There has to be something wrong with being almost 30 (god that sounds horrible) with acne and still not knowing what I want to be when I grow up."

Post a Comment