January 20, 2010

Poo is all I have to say.

nataliedee.com


How I feel.


I had a dreadful interview yesterday.  Dreadful in one of the worst ways.  How dreadful you ask?  So much so that right smack dab in the middle of it I was thinking to myself, "I wonder what would happen if I just excused myself and got up and left."  This completely unhelpful nonsense is what I was thinking, you know instead of focusing on what he was saying and trying to come up with smart thoughtful answers to the part of the interview that was called, "exercise-based."  And yes exercise is exactly how I would describe it too because I was sweating -- And I mean really sweating.  I could feel the beads forming along my hairline and the heat radiating from my body and I was really really thankful for the dim lighting because it was hiding my pink sweaty face.  I even contemplated taking off my suit coat but that I thought would convey weakness.  And there was no way I was gonna let this guy know that I was scared and intimidated and desperate to get the hell out of that room.  So instead, I responded in firm assertive tones but really I'm sure it came out as sheepish and girly.  And I was thinking maybe if I smile a little bit more he'll stop this torture and have some mercy on me.  But no beans.  He kept going --dragging me through the mud for another 45 minutes or so.

When the interview was over I felt like I had just finished a marathon of some sort (not that I could ever run more than 2 miles) but I knew right at that moment exactly how athletes feel when they cross the finish line: invigorated and glorious, but most importantly -- HAPPY -- really friggin' happy that it's over.  I had survived the "interview" -- I'm using this term very very lightly.  BUT, even though I survived, he had won.  He beat the marketing crap out of me and I bow down to the defeat.  It was a truly humbling experience.

The best part of all of this:  In my inbox this afternoon was an email from the recruiter congratulating me (ha!) and letting me know that I made it through -- Round 2 is next week and I'll be interviewing with 3 people (three!!!?!) for the final round.  Goodness gracious. I'm not sure I could physically handle another interview beating. 

3 comments:

mini said...

omg i think you won though ..at least round 1 :) good luck !!!!!

Coastal Suzz said...

congrats! that is awesome news, it's a great sign and is funny too (marathon running, haha!)! you'll do great on your next round.

Mayra said...

I know exactly how you feel! I think I actually walked out of "testing" for an interview once. It's such a horrible feeling when you KNOW it is not the right fit and not even worth continuing the interview. Ugh. BUT, good for you on getting to round 2!! Wooohoo!!Exciting!

Post a Comment