February 23, 2010

First day

So .... my first day went well I guess.  I was in meetings all day and missed lunch and by 2 PM was about to faint so ran downstairs to the cafeteria and inhaled a granola bar and ran back upstairs to finish my meetings.  By the time 5 PM rolled around I went looking for supplies but the supplies lady already left for the day so I'll guess I'll have to get my pad of paper and stapler tomorrow morning.  


On another note, they gave me two behemoths for computer monitors (apparently everyone needs two here) and they take up all the space on my desk so I'm basically staring at screens that are about 2 inches from my face.  It gave me a headache so I think I'm going to get rid of one of them tomorrow.  I mean why on earth would anyone need two monitors???  


All in all, I guess it was a good day.  A bit different than the Marshmallow factory I used to work at and it made me a bit sad thinking about Cindy and Jill and Greg and all the other martians and how things used to be but -- life goes on and well I have to move along with it.  The people are nice and my cubicle is spacious so I'm good for now.  The commute might be the end of me but that's a whole other issue.   Night everyone.  

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats on your first day! We feel sad too that you are not here throwing daggers at the dot board and eating Trader Joe's fare with us for lunch. How do they get those strawberries to grow so huge??

Ivy said...

commute= welcome to Los Angeles. There is a price to pay for beautiful warm sunshine and that is something called LA traffic. But you get used to it. :)

mini said...

CONGRATS YAY!!!!!!

Post a Comment