March 1, 2010

Granny Square Take Three



I've been feeling super creative these last few days.  I think it's a direct result of being confined to a cubicle all week.  Anyhow, this is what creativity looks like.  Yes -- I'm back to making granny squares.  I had a field day at Michael's this morning and raided the yarn section.  Oh how I HEART Michael's.  There's just so many crafty little things I want to do ... if only I had more hours in the day. I was thinking how great it would be if I had a driver to take me to work, then I could spend my commute time making these cute little squares.  But then again, if I could afford a driver I probably wouldn't need to work.  Never mind that.  Ooh, I'm also in the process of re-decorating my room.  Pictures to follow soon.

Work is going well.  I received a project list last Wednesday and so I'm in the process of tackling that.  It's quite funny in that I know close to just about nothing about the company and how it works and trying to figure how to do something when you know nothing is pretty darn interesting to see.  It's a lot of fake head nods, hesitant smiles, and google searches on postal terms.

Chris is still chugging along in the job hunt.  He has a ton in the pipeline but no bites as of yet.  I have a feeling he'll land something by end of March.  Fingers crossed.

On another note, Chris' birthday is next Sunday!  I'm planning a little birthday get together on Saturday at one of his favorite restaurants, BJ's (West Covina @ 4 PM) so stop by if you can make it :)  I also picked up his present.  It begins with a vowel and ends with a pod.  I hope he likes it.  (He doesn't read my blog unless I specifically tell him to so no worries about him finding out about his gift.)

Okay, I'm back to making granny squares.  Here's the tutorial I watched (several hundred times) to learn how to make the square (in case you're interested or really bored) ... she explains it pretty well so it's not hard to pick up.  Have fun :)  


  

3 comments:

grace said...

what do you do with granny squares?

Ting said...

I'm gonna connect mine to make a blanket :)

Lynette said...

I like the color scheme that you have going.

Post a Comment