March 28, 2010

We had such a fabulous weekend camping in San Diego.  Well I guess it wasn't really camping camping, not like roughin' it in the middle of the woods with no bathroom kind of camping but more like sleeping outside in a fancy tent with really nice public restrooms and showers nearby and a CVS down the street kind of camping.  Here are some pics:

Ponchie catchin some rays.  
Chris grilling hot dogs.  

Poncho trying to cool down in the tent.
And smores :)  

I guess the weirdest thing was having all this time to just relax and do nothing.  It's a really weird feeling you know, like I kept thinking we had something to do or somewhere to go to but all we had was hours upon hours of nothingness ahead -- no schedule no plan -- just sit and enjoy our surroundings.   We played board games, chatted, walked, played with Poncho and we even watched a little bit of Jennifer's Body on Obette's laptop.  Haha.  But we mostly ate.  And ate.  And ate some more.  I still feel full from last night's smores.  

Oh and the most tragic and most disgusting thing happened to me.  I was in the restroom and was leaning over to put the toilet seat cover down and then all of a sudden ---- splash.  I had dropped my keys into the toilet (they were in my hoody front pocket).  Is everyone cringing now?  And they were just sitting there.  Half emerged in toilet water.  And I stood there just staring at them.  I had to pick them up.  I had to reach in and actually get them out of the water.  And the seconds just ticked by and I was thinking, I should probably pull them out sooner rather than later cause the car alarm thingy is electronic and my car is electric and what if I can't start the car and we can't get home because the car key thingy is all fried.  But even as I was thinking this, I just stood there frozen, staring at my keys in the toilet.  It was so disgusting.  I wrapped my hand in toilet paper making a little mitten and then reached in and grabbed them.  I know .... I have no idea what I was thinking.  Toilet paper doesn't really create any kind of barrier, it probably actually sucked up more toilet water and exposed my hand to more water than necessary... UGH.  That was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever had to do in my life.  More disgusting than the time I had to use a public bathroom when I was traveling through rural China.  And more disgusting than the time I witnessed a homeless person take a poo outside my apartment in San Francisco.  And also probably more disgusting than the time Chris forgot to put the toilet seat down in our hotel room at the Westin and I literally fell into the toilet.  But that one's probably debatable because it wasn't just my keys in the toilet, it was actually my bum, but the toilet at the Westin was probably a lot cleaner than the public restroom at the campground and I took a shower right after I fell in, whereas my keys will probably permanently be tainted by toilet germs even though I wiped it about a million times with disinfectant napkins.  Anyways, like I said, it's debatable.  The point is, all were very traumatizing events in my life.  And now I get a new one to add to my list. 

Anyways, other than the toilet incident, I had a very very good time camping.  It was very peaceful and relaxing and calming and fun.  Thanks Ivy and Obette for inviting us :)  We'll have to do it again soon.  

And how was your weekend???

5 comments:

UrbanDoggs said...

well this probably wouldn't have helped you re the keys but yesterday I just bought this thing caled "Go Girl" wich is for women to go potty when they have to use those awful public bathrooms. You could have used this and used it in the woods. Ha Ha I absoulutely hate to go to public restrooms. I will make Lavanson drive to a nice hotel or Nordy's just to pee.
here's the link Simply put, GoGirl is the way to stand up to crowded, disgusting, distant or non-existent bathrooms.
http://www.go-girl.com/
It’s a female urination device (sometimes called a FUD) that allows you to urinate while standing up. It’s neat. It’s discreet. It’s hygienic

Cindy said...

ting , that post was hilarious. I was silently rolling while reading it at work. Thanks for breaking up my otherwise monotonous work day!

Coastal Suzz said...

OMG, I'm LOL right now. That is soooooo hilarious!!! I can just imagine that point in time where you need to make that decision and it's just you, the keys, the toilet. oh man, you know toilets are like my most recurrent nightmare. thanks, will be thinking about that one tonight.

pilaufish said...

Okay, I can beat that sort of. When Tia was about 4 years old, We were at a Fair w/ the portable potties there. Lisa took Tia in there, and she had my wallet. It promptly fell into the porta potty. Now imagine my poor wallet in a mixture of blue liquid, pee, poo, and lord know what else. Lisa, bless her soul, reached in and got it. My wallet, cards, license, all of it, had swam in that wonderful mixture of natural excretions. Yuck!!! I must have gagged until it looked like I was crying. So your toilet experience brought that memory back to me.

grace said...

get new keys this weekend! and use your other prius key fob... problem solved and you won't wrinkle your face and use up the world's supply of anti-bacterial gel...

Post a Comment