April 2, 2010

(Cape Neddick Lighthouse in Maine, Summer 2008)


I've been thinking about all of my stuff recently.  You know all of my stuff that's still in Massachusetts at Public Storage Unit 1056.  I've been thinking a lot about my KitchenAid Mixer and I have these visions of making coconut jam print cookies and chocolate ganache cupcakes and fresh blueberry pie.  I've also been thinking about my purses.  I only brought one purse back to California and if I knew how long it was going to be before I saw all my stuff again I'd probably have thought a little longer and definitely more carefully about which purse to bring.  Ugh.  I'm also really missing my shoes.  Especially my Nine West gladiator sandals.  Every couple of days when I'm getting dressed in the morning I think about how much cuter my outfit would be if I had those sandals.  And I miss my Adidas three stripe tennies too.  I really miss those.    

The worst though is not having my clothes.  I only brought one small suitcase of stuff when I came back to California.  I kept thinking that it was only going to be temporary -- our situation that is -- and how we'd find our jobs in a month and fly back to Mass. to get all of our possessions to put in our new apartment.  Sigh.  My only consolation is that even if we had all of our stuff now, we'd have nowhere to put it here at my parents' house except maybe the garage so I guess it's good it's still all there in Mass.  AND another good thing, I get to buy new clothes you know since I only have a handful of outfits.  Matter of fact, I think this weekend I'll head back to F21 to pick up a few skirts.  And I'm so thankful that the dress code here at work is casual, otherwise I'd really be in trouble. 

Anyways, it's Friday and I'm looking forward to a weekend of doing absolutely nothing. 

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment