April 18, 2010

To wed or not to wed ...



Wedding Update:
Okay, so I've been thinking a lot lately ... mostly about money, specifically about not having it and I've come to the conclusion that I think weddings are a waste of money.  I just cannot see myself saving up thousands upon thousands of dollars for one day of festivities.  It just doesn't make any logical sense to me right now - especially after looking at my very sad bank statement.  So, I've decided that I'm not going to have one.  Not sure how I'm gonna get around it but I will find a way.

I mean don't get me wrong, I think weddings are great and a whole lot of fun and if I had a spare thirty grand, I'd definitely spring for one but I don't so it's a no go on the wedding right now.  I guess I could always push it off a few years at the risk of my eggs getting too old or maybe we could have one of those tacky backyard BBQ things.  Ugh .. I shudder at the thought.  What about a destination wedding?? That's an option ... but I think those are pricey too.  Right now I'm thinking of possibly emulating May and Geo and doing a City Hall quickie and then throwing a fun party afterwards.  That's totally doable and still fun.  We'll just have to see.... maybe next week I'll change my mind and want to do Vegas again.  Who knows ... my mind's been in overdrive lately.

4 comments:

Mayra said...

My vote is for destination wedding!!!!!!

grace said...

you gotta have a wedding.

Anhe said...

aww...sweetie. With both of u working now, your bank statements will look a lot happier in a few months :) Money schmoney. Don't sweat it too much. I hear u about the MIT refund tho. ha! if only!

Sandy said...

Alfred P. Sloan is turning in his grave right now girl

Post a Comment