May 5, 2010

Iron Man 2 this weekend!

Today we woke up at 5 am (it was still dark out) and got to work at 7.
FYI traffic is just as bad at 6 as it is at 9. go figure.   

BUTwe left for the day at 4 pm (so very nice!) and got home at a lovely five thirty in the early early evening.  It was really quite amazing you know -- getting home that early.  I felt like I had the whole day ahead of me.  I mean, what to do with all that extra time!  I had images of going to the park to take photos or going to Target to look at my bicycle (yet again) and I was in such a good mood because I had been listening to my Jack Johnson playlist all day at work (feel free to listen along with me, though, warning -- I added some Zoey and Greenday to the list today).

Anyhow, we did none of the above park walk or Target bike-stare.  Instead we decided to get Chris a very much needed haircut and with buy one get one free coupon in hand, we went to our usual spot for dinner -- Soup Plantation where I tried to concoct my own version of Lawry's spinning bowl salad (I failed miserably). And so after filling my belly with ranch-dipped pizza and corn chowder, we headed over to the mall to do some laps whereupon I ended up at F21 to check out possibilities for bridesmaid dresses. Nearly every cute pink frilly dress I looked at, I envisioned Alli looking at me and sarcastically remarking, "Really Ting?  Do you really want me to wear that?"  And then I would put the dress back on the hanger.  BUT my goal is to find a dress that everyone will LOVE.  And yes it will be pink with lots of ruffles and most likely short.  :)

Anyways, it's now 8:45. 
The time I usually get home. 
I think I'll have to do this early getting in early coming home thing at least once a week.  It really does make the work commute just a little bit more tolerable.

Good night!

On tomorrow's to do list:
Wash Poncho.  He's stinky again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment