May 28, 2010

Nothing important from me.



I think I scared him with my flash.  
Tomorrow's Friday!!!  I'm not sure I'll be able to get through the day, but I'm very excited that it's the last day of the working week.  On the agenda this upcoming 3 day weekend:  Seriously research wedding stuff.  No more excuses.

Chris isn't feeling well tonight.  He slept the whole car ride home, popped a couple of pieces of veggie sushi my mom made for dinner into his mouth and then proceeded to take a shower and then climb into bed.  He's curled up in a ball now and for the life of me, I cannot find any Tylenol (only advil and aspirin) in the house so my dad is running out to get some so that hopefully Chris will feel better soon.  

Earlier in the evening, I tried to make him feel better by cracking some of my funny jokes.  Like when he asked for water, I replied, "Sure babe, do you want soy sauce with that?"  And when I climbed into bed to check in on him, I asked, "Do you want me to rub your armpits?"  He didn't even crack a smile, that's how bad he's feeling right now.  

Anyways, so tonight I had some Ting time.  I ate mango while watching a rerun of CSI and it was such a treat because Chris doesn't like CSI and usually makes us watch reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond and King of the Hill before bed.  And then I played Google Pac and then took a nice long hot shower and even gave myself a facial.   

Today on the car ride home (with Chris passed out) I finished The Alchemist and here's what I learned:
- Follow omens.
- Pursue your personal legend (if you have one).
- Serve tea in crystal glasses.
- If in the desert, bring your pet falcon to hunt game for you to eat.  
No in all seriousness, it was a great book.  I think I need to go back and read it with my eyes and not my ears because stuff was definitely lost. 

Tomorrow I start World Without End, the sequel to The Pillars of the Earth.  I'm very excited.  Another 31 wonderful discs :)  

1 comments:

Cindy said...

I hope Chris feels better soon, symptoms sound flu like. I read the alchemist too, It was pretty good, of course I was all into finding my personal legend when I read it , but without reinforcement , it's difficult to pursue, sigh. Thanks for your amusing insights! Enjoy your commute free weekend.

Post a Comment