June 13, 2010

To my beloved Krispy Kreme.



I've been getting into a rather bad habit these days ... 
Every Sunday for the last few weeks or so, I drive myself over to the Krispy Kreme on Azusa Avenue, pull up to the drive thru window and order one chocolate iced glazed donut and a small Coffee Bean iced coffee with soy milk.  

I finish the donut on the drive back and throw away the wrapper in the trash can outside of the house and wipe my mouth clean so that I don't receive any comments from the peanut gallery (aka Christopher).  But a few weeks ago, I thought to myself, "You know what - I want to eat my donut AT HOME.  I want to enjoy my donut slowly, rather than maneuvering the steering wheel with one hand and the donut with the other all the while managing to keep my mouth and lap glaze free. I'm gonna bring my donut home."

The first week that I did this Chris of course had a blast with his "tub of lard/buddha belly" comments and mean faces including the ever popular (and so not funny): piggy nose.  But who cares.  It tastes like heaven and for that 5 minutes in time I'm in utter bliss and I forget about my student loans, living at home, and my list of to do's (which include wedding planning - still nada by the way).  And so I ate my donut.  And I ate it proudly.    

And you know what, the best thing is -- I have him trained now.  He's so used to my Sunday donut runs that he doesn't say a peep and sometimes he even brings me my donut on his way back from the gym.

1 comments:

Christopher Gaudet said...

i say those things with love...my little piggy :-D

Post a Comment