December 17, 2010

Let it snow!


I really think it should be against the law to have to work during the holidays.  I mean right?  I've been listening to Christmas music for 9 hours a day for the past week and a half and it just feels wrong to have to sit in a cubicle while listening to songs about fireplaces and hot chocolate and snow.  

Here's my take on Let It Snow lyrics:

The weather outside is frightful.  
And there's no fire and that's not very delightful. 
And I do have a place to go (it's called work).  
And there's no snow, there's no snow, there's no snow (because we live in LAaaaaaaaa)

You like?
My manager told me today that I could work from home on Thursday (yay!).  That's the best gift anyone could ever give.  I'm wondering if I should get him a gift for Christmas?  Is that too sucky uppy? 
 
Tonight we head over to TJ's for our weekly grocery (aka wine) run.  But we haven't been in weeks so I can't wait to fill up my shopping cart with bottles and bottles of wine so that when I check out, the guy ringing me up will say something like, "Holiday party coming up?" or "Christmas gifts?" and I'll say, "Nope, it's all for me," and smile.

I made an appointment to hack off all my hair tomorrow.  I woke up this morning to a big wadded knot of hair on the side of my head.   I swear I looked like a crazy person in some kind of mental institution.  And then I spent like 20 minutes trying to brush it out and instead got frustrated and cut it off. (!)  Tee hee.  My hair, it's out of control I tell you. 

Bottle of wine
+
Red Box movie (The Other Guys)
+
Domino's Pizza
+
Buffalo wings (if Chris is feeling generous)
=
Happy Friday night for me. 

Have a good weekend!  And let's all send Min happy thoughts ... her baby is due anytime now!

     

1 comments:

mini said...

Awww thanks for the well wishes. Tomorrow's the big day!!! AHHHH!!!!

Post a Comment