December 14, 2010

To sew or not to sew?

To sew but of course!

I've been wanting to learn how to sew for quite some time now.  I took an intro to sew class at the Urban Craft Center (yes, the same delightful place that I learned how to crochet my amigurumis) with Ivy awhile back and it's been on the back of my mind for months now.  Sigh.  I wish I had more time!  If I could have anything in the whole world, I would ask for two more hours in a day ... or maybe some cash to pay off my horrid school loans (did I mention how much I hate hate those??).  I don't think that's too much to ask for right?  (For either of those requests.)   

Anyhow, I saw this sewing machine at Costco and I've decided that I need it.  I really really need it with everything in me.  AND it would look so perfect in my creative corner don't ya think? 


And I could make lots of cute things like these crafty projects from Pink Penguin and things from this book which by the way I bought immediately after taking my intro to sew class thinking the sky's the limit now that I have the basics down. [side and very minor note - I haven't opened the book yet but I want to and will if I just have the perfect machine.]  I mean just think, I could do so much!  But really what I'd like to do first is fix the seam in Chris' khakis that seems to have developed a life of its own.  It's horrible really.  

Anyhow, I think this sewing machine would really change my life.  Don't you agree?

2 comments:

grace said...

do you remember my bedazzler? i bedazzled one rhinestone on a tshirt and never used it again.

UrbanDoggs said...

Oh and I have all of those little dresses I have to make for the girls in Africa. You could get some great practice. AFTER you finish with the khaki's I mean LOL

Post a Comment