January 9, 2011

sewing galore.


This weekend I sewed.  And I sewed and I sewed and I sewed.  I probably should have started with an easier project but I didn't because I obviously like to punish myself.  I chose a purse that has 14 pieces, not including the 7 pieces of fusible interfacing (yeah that was fun at Joann's trying to figure out what that was).  Total sew time so far?  Probably about 11 hours and I'm not done yet.  I've just finished attaching the magnetic closures (incorrectly by the way --- Chris is using pliers to fix my mistake) and I haven't even figured out the straps yet.  This is what the bag is supposed to look like:

 
I'm almost done ... I can see the light ... If only I had 4 more hours tonight!!  But alas, this will have to be put on hold.  I'll try to finish it sometime this week.  

I love my sewing machine by the way.  I LOVE LOVE it.  It's so wonderful.  It only took me 2.5 hours to figure out how to use!   Haha.  Okay, off to bed.  Chris is in the living room watching the Craigslist killer movie.  It's so funny the things he watches.  

Night!

2 comments:

Paula Kathlyn said...

Very cute bag! Did you get the pink and green fabric at Hobby Lobby? I just saw all their new spring fabrics and they are so cute!

Ting said...

Thanks! I found the fabric at JoAnns in the home decor section. Ikea (if you have one near you) has REALLY cute fabric too. I think I'll head over there this weekend :)

Post a Comment