April 19, 2011

I'm exhausted.

Ugh - Work has been h.e.c.t.i.c.
Proof being the sad number of posts I've made since March. 

We're in the midst of tradeshow season which means lots of campaigns and shows and collateral updates and everything else underneath the marketing sun.  Last week I flew to Sacramento for a show and on my flight back sat behind this bubbly brunette who was talking to the two cute guys next to her (who bought her drinks the whole way) about how she was auditioning for the Real World and how the producers in San Francisco told her that she had to fly down to LA immediately because she did so well in her audition and she kept yelling out loud, "I'm going to Hollywood baby!!"  This was all going on while I was trying to read Sense and Sensibility on my Kindle and thinking, wow our lives must be so different.  

My weekends have been consumed with baby showers, bridal showers, weddings and last minute things that I have to do for my own wedding like ... getting my dress altered.  Which I finally did last weekend ... I seriously, almost forgot to do that.  I'm not kidding.  The dress has been sitting at the boutique for almost 2 months and I just plain forgot it was there. 

This past weekend I went to a wedding (Jenn's!) and had a fabulous time.  It was the first time I attended a wedding as a bride and took careful notes on everything I (still) need to do.  It actually made me kind of nervous. 

On Sunday, a bird pooped in my hair while I was walking to the supermarket with Chris to get a Coke (for him) and a orange vitamin water (for me).  I thought it was maybe a leaf or something that fell and thank GOD I didn't try to get it out myself.  I asked Chris if there was anything in my hair and he was like, "Uh let's walk back home ..."  When I walked in the door, my dad asked why we were back so soon and I told him what had happened and he said, "Wow, you so lucky.  You should buy a lotto ticket."

Poop in Chinese culture is lucky.  If you dream about it, step in it, or basically have any contact with it, it means good luck is coming your way.  I don't think it means anything because I've been pooped on quite a few times - twice during a tennis match in high school, once at Niagara Falls and once walking in SF near the pier  - I mean come on, how often does it really happen??

Anyways, trying to find photos from the last few weeks....

Alli's baby shower!!!!


Good food and lots and lots of presents!  She looks fabulous too :) 

Oh and how could I forget, Chris took me out on a fancy date to Outback!


Last week we filled out our marriage license online and tomorrow we go to pick it up and schedule a time for a civil ceremony.  It's all coming so fast.... the next few weeks will be hectic I'm sure.  I'm sorry I don't have any cute pictures of the doggies but check out Ivy's new blog (yes she's blogging again!) ... she has funny pictures there. 

Oh just kidding, I found a cute pic of Peppy.....


Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment