July 17, 2011

hello hello

So this is my last week living at home.  It's a bit ironic in that I've been waiting for this moment for over two years and now that's it's here, I'm actually a little sad.  Ivy wrote in my birthday card that it's an end of an era and that we'll probably never live together again and that's when it struck me -- I'm actually moving out, leaving home forever with all my belongings and husband in tow to start a new chapter in life.  

I guess moments are fleeting and it makes you appreciate all of them, whether good or bad because honestly they don't last very long and when they finally pass, you realize that maybe things weren't so bad after all.  I should really try harder to slow down, take a breath and appreciate moments before they're over because even two years of living at home and commuting over two hours a day, had its highlights, and quite a few might I add.

On a side note, we just got back from Las Vegas.  Chris had some bad shellfish on Friday night and I woke up to him gagging in the bathroom.  It brought back some bad memories of my wedding night. Haha, it's funny now but not so funny then.  Other than that small speed bump, we had a great time eating, gambling and relaxing.  On Saturday night we actually just grabbed some pastrami sandwiches at the deli and a bottle of wine and relaxed in the room watching Food Network.  A perfect night.  Ooh, I also won $100 at the Wheel of Fortune machine - I think that was fate apologizing for Chris' bad oysters.

Here we are at Hash House A Gogo


 Eating this:


Surprisingly it looked better than it tasted.  We were both unimpressed. I think we might have ordered the wrong things.  Apparently they're known for their chicken and waffles.  Oh well.

Anyhow, looking forward to some Korean BBQ and Cherry Jubilee ice cream cake tonight to ring in my 31st year.  I think this year, I'll try harder and appreciate being 31 because it'll fly by and next thing you know I'll be 32.  Good night :) 


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment